I have been with my husband for 8yrs. He claimed to have a child overseas. He made numerous attempts to bring the child to the US, but her mom refused paternity testing through immigration. The mom's sister brought the daughter, mother, and her other children in the US.
My husband blamed me for not having a relationship with the mother. He always has long conversations with them outside of the house. He does't answer phone calls in the house.
I only met the girl and spoke to her once. I tried having a conversation about the daughter, but my husband always pushes me away. He spent hours on the phone with the girl. He has time because he drives a taxi. He comes to the house once in a blue moon. When I call him he doesn't pick up the phone.
He just found out the girl is 16yrs old and has been dating for awhile. He blamed it on me. He stated if the daughter was living with him she would not have boy friends. He wanted to move the estranged daughter to the house but I refused because he doesn't respect or treat me right. He verbally abuses me and he does that to me in front of our child.
The other woman and his estranged daughter live 2hrs away from us. She calls him all the time because of the circumstances. I found out that he went to them several times and he never told me anything. I confronted him about lying to me about his whereabouts. He decided to move out in order to save his soon to be 17 year old daughter from having a boyfriend and broke up our marriage.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.