Im 27 years old and suffering from real bad unwanted thoughts. I get real upset when I get this thoughts I know that I will never hurt any one but just thinking these things gets me real sick to the point that maybe I'm a nut case. My wife is my mentor and tells me to relax but its doesn't help . I was molested by an uncle at the age of six and it stopped in my late teens. My grandmother beat me to the point were I was laying in pool of blood. My question is: Are my unwanted thoughts of hurting the people whom love due to the emotional episodes in my life? I feel anger towards my wife but then I stop and ask myself why and then everything starts from there. I'm so tired of feeling this way I just want to escape this nightmare. I thought of killing my self at one point but deep down inside I know thats not the answer.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.